Mafling in Berlin

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

mashed up brain

Well I absolutely don't get it anymore and seem to be having a severe identity crisis. Those of you who know me well will realise how severe this is when I say that yesterday evening I wandered the Schöneberg streets smoking! Ah ha what is a happening to the purple mafling? She is turning into a Bohemian wild thing and knows not how to continue with this strange place and language. Since the lovely Shark went I have been struggling on a new language course where I only understand a few words of what is said all day and sit at the bottom of the class. Not good for the soul but I WILL continue even if I become a twittering, smoking, alcoholic. I absolutely don't get this language and don't even really want to.........this I fear might become a problem.
Anyway, I was in London at the weekend for M's 40th birthday, at the back of The Half Moon with it's sticky floor, broken toilets and terrible lighting. We danced til dawn to all the music I have ever listened to in my life since I was 13. It was wonderful.The highlight of the evening was M on the stage giving his all to Underworld's Born Slippy ( My choice of track for the evening).
Conclusion: I miss Herne Hill. I miss London. I miss friends and I now want to go home.......any advice??

5 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

Oh no I missed you. I love to dance to that track.
maybe everyone in HH should visit.

10:53 PM  
Blogger jimbobwoof said...

and NYC and Hilly Fields and wherever OVP is too

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely mafling, take it easy on yourself, find an easier language class and quit the ciggies!

Hope to see you next time you visit over here... x

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Int. Haus Frau. Whereever you are and whatever you do there are always people that care for you - be seeing you in the summer. thxx

6:01 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Wow, TH has broken his blog silence!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See how much we all care.
And take it from me, fags is a MUG'S game.
Premature aging, see me as ref.
xxxx

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home