Mafling in Berlin

Friday, February 24, 2006

I usually ignore the doorbell because it's usually for the dentist upstairs and I am sick of having to let in punters who aren't coming to visit me anyway. Yesterday after much ignoring it turned into a knock on MY door.......someone must have let said person in downstairs. I opened it and was greeted by two large very chatty German guys who calmly walked passed me into MY flat and preceded to measure the old unused oven. They threw questions at me and in panic I alternated between 'Ya' and ' Nein' not having a clue what was going on. Definately time to get back to german school. They left seeming happy and me laughing hysterically. Have I agreed to have a new heating system installed? Has the F sent around builders to measure up for a gorgeous, new flat screen TV? Or am I just going bonkers? Whatever...I need a German language brain implant.

2 Comments:

Blogger purplemafling said...

Dear CNL you are absolutely right. 'ja' is infact the correct German way, but I have adopted 'Ya' because I am mixing with all these posh International parents. xx

7:47 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

I flipping deleted that..

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home