Mafling in Berlin

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Speaking backwards


Chocolate man left on Thursday with a trail of yummy Suisse goodys behind him and I attempted to return to the life I had here before Christmas. Finally got to the gym and managed a conversation with woman behind desk which went a little like this,
Hallo
Hallo
Kan ich eine termine machen
Ya,wenn?
Nächste woche
Gut, danke

Piss easy this language......
However, I have realised that it is now January and I should have a job and should be speaking fluently with the F. Mmmmmm. So on Thursday evening the family Maflings went for dinner and spoke only German. What a laugh that was!! The Elf suddenly after speaking not a german word with us rambled away as if she had never known any different ( how unfair is that ?) I however, stumbled with a vocab of twenty words and wished I had stayed at home in the safety of laptop land. If I have only one resolution this year it is this.
By 2007 I will be able to have a conversation in German using the perfect German grammar and a conversation in English using the perfect English grammar.

I will to bed soon go be.

Christmas decorations are down. In our house anyway. In Germany there is no such ' take them down date' . Isn't the world supposed to end and for there to be a year of bad luck if you don't take them down by the sixth?

Not here it seems so I share with you my favourite tree of the season ( apart from Sharksters of course!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home