Mafling in Berlin

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Why is it....

.......that when one has all the time in the world, nothing happens and then suddenly out of the air when one has filled one's nothing time with enough self-development to fill 24 hours a day that jobs, people, activities, parties etc fly in at the same time from all directions? As a result I have spent the last week applying for a job at theHochschule für Schauspieler kunst 'Ernst-Busch Berlin. Yes exactly! I can't even say it's name so not much hope for the job I think, but as it was the only suitable job to appear since living here in the last year thought it wise to apply. Think I might need to improve my German though seeing as I couldn't understand a word of the letter that the F so kindly wrote for me.
Aswell as this I have been meeting some interesting types through some private shiatsu and yoga sessions. Berlin seems to be full of struggling artists and little else, all needing to chill out and get some sleep. So hopefully this can become my new career here. Keep finding myself giving out weird pieces of advice, but maybe this is still the language problem. Zum beispiel: I think you need to wear socks in bed to help you sleep..... and was that a bladder or a back problem? Anyway, I seem to be getting by, just about, but have permanently sweaty palms when I have to try and make myself understood. Thought I would be fluent by now ( ha ha). Those books that say you can learn a language in three months are talking complete and utter rubbishness......30 years perhaps.Yesterday we worked out that The F has been learning English for 37 years which means I will be a really good German speaker by the age of 76. Cool !! Can't wait!
Will also be doing a bit of work here it seems so need to claim a bit of Hausfrau status back before I become completely fulltime. Oh no, help don't want that.
Back to Goethe until Christmas with Hilda......fabulous woman teaching me lots of new words and letting us all make hundreds of mistakes without shouting. The class is, as usual a mixed geographical bunch including, Bolivia, Korea, The Ukraine, Syria, America, Switzerland, Japan and Nepal and me being the UK contingent which makes for somewhat heated discussions, but more about that next time.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home