Mafling in Berlin

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Langweilig sunday

Well the first friends have visited. Ap and Ia turned up on Thursday so I have been a very normal, happy creature and feel like everything here is a bit more real now. Someone has seen my new life and apparently it's not that bad so I feel I don't have to do that three year travel/runaway thing just yet. Staying here for a year or two is even perceived of as quite hip? So I am feeling much more like my old self but in the meantime this weekend I have completely lost all my German vocabulary. So, we went everywhere speaking English even though not everyone understood us and occasionally looked disapprovingly. There was much shopping done and Ap went home with a suitcase full of socks and a father Christmas type coat ( we loved it, but unfortunately Ia didn't). However he seemed quite happy to pay for it.
There is something here though that is really bugging me and today more than usual. Sundays are dull! I hate to sound materialistic but not one shop opens on a Sunday. Finding milk is a chore and the streets, subways are almost empty. I have never been very good at empty........Where does everyone go on Sundays? Are they all inside sleeping, cleaning, blogging? If someone knows please let me know....

1 Comments:

Blogger tucola said...

Good to see you guys. Thanks for having us.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home