Mafling in Berlin

Monday, October 31, 2005

Learning German. Part two.

Having attempted to learn German on a three week course at a school around the corner from here, where the teacher made us shave balloons, learn about Fantasy islands, world records and how to bid on an antique market ( yes, I really did do all this in German) I have decided to change language schools. At The Goethe instituteI hope to learn things like, how to buy oranges, how to find the toilet and how to buy a plane ticket out of here.... Useful things like that as opposed to the ridiculous information now wasting brain space.
So I turned up at 8.30 this morning, was greeted with a cup of coffee and a map and had a very nice chat with one of the teachers ( in German!!) about balloons, shaving foam and antiques and she put me in group 2.2. What does this mean I wonder? Is my vocabulary a little obscure? Do I not fit into a group 2 or a group 3 or even a group 2.5? Anyway she said there were no classes today ( Hurrah) so I spent the afternoon wrestling with the cross trainer at the gym and I start tomorrow with other 2.2 ers. Can't wait!
Word of the day: Gespräch ( conversation!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home