Mafling in Berlin

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ring the bloody bell...

Starting to really like it here..... Spent yesterday searching for a yoga class that wasn't to pop music or involving an hour of chanting and horrible biscuits after ( My experience so far). Eventually found the lovely ashtangayogaberlin after much searching. A small poster on a gate with locked door and buzzer. Buzzer lead me into huge courtyard which lead into another and another. The door at the back clearly locked and no-one in?
Flustered woman appears from behind on bike, "Du müsst klingen"
I must what?? Anyway after much exasperation because quite clearly the woman thinks I am thick, she rings a bell, we enter. She rings the next bell...we enter, the next we take off our shoes and then I am greeted by Robert in his flat, and lead into the back room where six or seven people are happily contorted into positions I have truly never seen anyone in before. Overwhelmed? Yes! but having got so far I was not going to leave. I fought with my stiff hips for an hour or so and left commiting myself to at least two classes a week. Then happily stuffed myself with three croissants at HäckesherHof and spent the afternoon contemplating the German language. Starting to realise why people stare so much. I have only recently realised that I am forever muttering beginnings of German phrases in the hope that one day soon they will stick.

Best phrase so far: Kanst du mit mir sprechen ( Can you talk to me?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home